Gender Mainstreaming in Disaster Risk Management
November 26 - November 30| $800
The changing nature of emergencies and the increasing number of armed conflicts calls for the harnessing of the capacities of both men and women in the fight towards the realization of increased resilience and coping capacity. The changing dynamics of disasters are causing major challenges in disaster risk management key among them being responding in a gender-sensitive manner to these crises. The training on Gender Mainstreaming in Disaster Risk Management will strengthen the participants’ knowledge and skills in integrating gender in the concepts and practices of disaster risk management (DRM).
USD 800 per participant Exclusive of 16% VAT where Applicable
The training is meant for project managers, DRR officials, Gender professionals, government officials, CBO operatives, NGO employees, UN Staff and anyone involved in project management activities
The training aims to:
- Review the concepts of disasters and Disaster Risk Management (DRM)
- Introduce participants to the gender perspective in DRM and the process of gender integration in DRM
- Expose the participants on the process of gender-sensitive risk assessment
- Introduce the participants to Gender-Sensitive Disaster Risk Management for effective disaster risk reduction, response, and recovery.
- Module1: Understanding Disasters & Disaster Risk Management
- Module 2: Gender Perspective in DRM
- Module 3: Gender-Sensitive Risk Assessment
- Module 4: Gender Sensitive Disaster Early Warning System
- Module 5: Gender Sensitive Indicators for Disaster Risk Reduction
Click here to REGISTER