Community Based Climate Change Adaptation & Resilience
November 18 - November 22| $750
Climate change (CC) threatens progress on development particularly in developing countries because they have the least capacity to cope. Adaptation to climate change in these countries is therefore critical. These adjustments in response to the negative impacts of climate change are necessary as they are locally focused and inexpensive.
Adaptation efforts based at the local level address exposure of vulnerable recipients to the adverse impacts of climate change. Community-based climate change adaptation identifies and facilitates local development activities that strengthen the capacity of local people to adapt to the capricious climate. This approach employs participatory processes and disaster risk reduction.
The individual cost for the training workshop is USD 750 for individual participants and USD 650 for groups above 10 participants exclusive of 16% VAT. This covers the training fee, resource materials, and conference package. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, such as airport transfers (and visa application, where necessary), food and accommodation, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
The target groups are humanitarian and development management practitioners, non-governmental workers and government staff.
Participants will acquire knowledge and skills to:
- Identify various Community-Based Climate Change Adaptation and Resilience (CBCCA&R) approaches;
- Highlight the causes of global climate change and the impacts to development;
- Clarify how climate change adaptation and mitigation measures are linked to country development plans;
- Identify ways to reduce household and community vulnerability to climate change
- Use tools to integrate CC considerations into the community plans;
- Applying CCA knowledge to sustainable development and poverty reduction practices at the local, and other levels.
- Outline participatory monitoring and evaluation (PME) and appraisal tools of community responses to CC;
Detailed Course Description
For detailed course description and content write us an email to email@example.com
All graduates of SDS are provided with dedicated coaches to accompany them after completion of the training including receiving recent and relevant journals, research and benchmarking practices on topical issues in respective disciplines.
This course has beginners and advanced modules and SDS will advise individuals appropriately after reviewing their applications.
You can also click here to REGISTER