Disaster Contingency Planning Training (Virtually and Onsite)
May 6, 2024 - May 10, 2024
Strengthening Disaster preparedness at the global, regional, and national levels is critical to save lives, protect livelihoods and strengthen recovery from disasters and crises. However, significant gaps exist in the many international development systems in coordinating disaster and emergency preparedness efforts. These can be addressed by better integrating contingency planning into organizational processes by establishing agreed standards and tools for multi-hazard emergency preparedness.
Disaster contingency planning ensures that individuals and organizations know what to do when disaster strikes and have the systems and tools to respond in a timely manner during such incidences. It means anticipating the Disaster occurrence and understanding how to manage it when it strikes.
This training is meant to improve knowledge of Disaster contingency planning, including the entire cycle of activities that go into developing Disaster contingency plans that are practical, result-oriented, simple, participatory, realistic, and supported by preparedness actions.
The individual cost for the onsite training workshop is USD 850 for individual participants and USD 650 for groups above 10 participants, exclusive of 16% VAT. Participants attending the training onsite will be responsible for travel expenses and arrangements, such as airport transfers (and visa application, where necessary), food and accommodation, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses. The Virtual Cost of the training is USD 700 for individual participants and USD 600 for groups above 10 participants, exclusive of 16% VAT. This covers the training fee, resource materials, and conference package.
This training is meant for practitioners working in: the development sector and specifically those in disaster management, volunteers, and staff working with organizations tasked with human development, including people working with government institutions, NGOs the UN, intergovernmental bodies, and the private sector.
This course, delivered through interactive lectures and case studies, aims to provide competency and skills to technical staff to create cutting-edge disaster contingency planning measures and plans based on the best available knowledge and technical information.
The training will aid participants in the understanding of:
- What is contingency planning?
- When and how to plan
- Humanitarian reform and the cluster system
- Principles, quality, and accountability
- Data collection and practical steps to prepare for the planning
- Vulnerability and capacity assessment (VCA)
- Risk analysis
- Disaster Impacts
- Developing scenarios
- Activation of the plan
- Management: Internal management structure, human resources (including volunteers), assessment, logistics, communications, resource mobilization (including the Disaster Relief Emergency Fund – DREF), media and information
- Coordination: Movement (including international and regional disaster management tools), government, external. Includes humanitarian reform and cluster responsibilities
- Quality and accountability: Standards; principles of response.
- Disaster Preparedness gap analysis and action plans
- Standard operating procedures (SOP) in Disaster management
- Disaster Early Warning, alert systems, and triggers
- Logistics and program readiness
- Human resources
- Resource mobilization
- Training and simulation
- Linkages and communications
- Updating and evaluating the Disaster contingency plan
- Evaluating during (real-time) and after the response
Detailed Course Description
For detailed course description and content, write us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
This course has beginners and advanced modules, and Seasoned Development Solutions will advise individuals appropriately after reviewing their applications.
All graduates of Seasoned Development Solutions are provided with dedicated coaches to accompany them after graduating, including receiving recent and relevant journals, research, and benchmarking practices on topical issues in their respective disciplines.
To register, kindly send us an email to email@example.com.
You can also register by clicking on THIS REGISTRATION LINK