Gender Mainstreaming in Disaster Risk Management
September 18 - September 22
The changing nature of emergencies and the increasing number of armed conflicts calls for harnessing the capacities of both men and women in the fight to realize increased resilience and coping capacity. The changing dynamics of disasters are causing major challenges in disaster risk management, key among them being responding in a gender-sensitive manner to these crises. The training on Gender Mainstreaming in Disaster Risk Management will strengthen the participants’ knowledge and skills in integrating gender in disaster risk management (DRM) concepts and practices.
The individual cost for the onsite training workshop is USD 750 for individual participants and USD 550 for attending the training virtually, exclusive of 16% VAT. Participants attending the onsite training will be responsible for their travel expenses and arrangements, such as airport transfers (and visa application, where necessary), food and accommodation, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
The training is meant for project managers, DRR officials, Gender professionals, government officials, CBO operatives, NGO employees, UN Staff, and anyone involved in project management activities
The training aims to:
- Review the concepts of disasters and Disaster Risk Management (DRM)
- Introduce participants to the gender perspective in DRM and the process of gender integration in DRM
- Expose the participants to the process of gender-sensitive risk assessment
- Introduce the participants to Gender-Sensitive Disaster Risk Management for effective disaster risk reduction, response, and recovery.
- Module1: Understanding Disasters & Disaster Risk Management
- Module 2: Gender Perspective in DRM
- Module 3: Gender-Sensitive Risk Assessment
- Module 4: Gender-Sensitive Disaster Early Warning System
- Module 5: Gender Sensitive Indicators for Disaster Risk Reduction
Detailed Course Description
For detailed course description and content, write us an email at email@example.com
This course has beginners and advanced modules, and SDSL will advise individuals appropriately after reviewing their applications.
All graduates of SDS are provided with dedicated coaches to accompany them after completion of the training, including receiving recent and relevant journals, research, and benchmarking practices on topical issues in respective disciplines.
To register, please download the application form below and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also click on this link to REGISTER FOR THE TRAINING