Monitoring and Evaluation for Development Results Training (Virtual and Onsite)
December 18 - December 22
Monitoring is a continuous process of gathering and reviewing data to see how effectively an initiative, program, or policy is being carried out compared to the planned outcomes. Monitoring helps to provide managers and other key stakeholders with frequent input and early signs of progress (or lack thereof) toward achieving the desired outcomes.
Evaluation determines the importance and achievement of goals and their performance, efficacy, effects, and long-term viability. An assessment should include reliable and valuable information, allowing beneficiaries and donors to incorporate lessons learned into their decision-making processes. This training aims to enlighten the participant on monitoring and evaluating projects to ensure that the intended development-related results are continuously achieved.
The individual cost for the onsite training workshop is USD 850 for individual participants and USD 650 for groups above 10 participants, exclusive of 16% VAT. Participants attending the training onsite will be responsible for travel expenses and arrangements, such as airport transfers (and visa application, where necessary), food and accommodation, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses. The Virtual Cost of the training is USD 700 for individual participants and USD 600 for groups above 10 participants, exclusive of 16% VAT. This covers the training fee, resource materials, and conference package.
This course is for project managers (working for NGOs, financial institutions, government financial analysts, etc.) who struggle to make the best possible monitoring and evaluation plans and strategic decisions. It is also ideal for professionals who want a better understanding, analysis, and response capacity to monitor and evaluate development results.
This training will help participants understand;
- The importance of a good program and project design for effective implementation, monitoring, and evaluation
- The critical role of monitoring in demonstrating the performance of programs and projects and in steering the implementation process toward the intended results
- How monitoring lays the groundwork for evaluation
- Different types of evaluations in development organizations and their contributions to learning and accountability
- The role of monitoring and evaluation in strengthening UNDP development effectiveness and managing development results
- Principles, norms, standards, policy, processes, and responsibilities governing planning, monitoring, and evaluation in development organizations
- Planning, monitoring, and evaluation of humanitarian programs for development results
- Planning for results: Practical applications
- Planning for monitoring and evaluation
- Monitoring for results
- Evaluating humanitarian programs for results
- Initiating and managing an evaluation
- Assuring the quality of evaluation design and methodology
- Enhancing the use of knowledge from monitoring and evaluation
Detailed Course Description
For detailed course description and content, write us an email at email@example.com
This course has beginners and advanced modules, and SDSL will advise individuals appropriately after reviewing their applications.
All graduates of SDS are provided with dedicated coaches to accompany them after completion of the training, including receiving recent and relevant journals, research, and benchmarking practices on topical issues in respective disciplines.
To register, please download the application form below and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also click on this link to REGISTER FOR THE TRAINING