- This event has passed.
Procurement Planning and Budgeting Training (Virtual and Onsite)
December 13, 2021 - December 17, 2021| $750
Procurement Planning and Budgeting
The purpose of this training is to provide the participant with a clear understanding of effective procurement and the generic procurement process and to provide the participant with the capacity to plan, implement and evaluate a procurement process appropriate to the goods or services being procured.
The individual cost for the onsite training workshop is USD 750 for individual participants and USD 550 for attending the training virtually exclusive of 16% VAT. Participants attending the training onsite will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, such as airport transfers (and visa application, where necessary), food and accommodation, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
This training is intended for project management practitioners, procurement and budgeting officers and managers, and also direct service providers with an intention to apply procurement budgeting and planning approaches in their organizations.
The aim of the training is to introduce participants to NGO procurement budgeting and planning.
By the end of the training the participant will be able to:
- Describe the principles of effective procurement;
- Prepare and implement procurement plans;
- Prepare specifications and terms of reference;
- Choose appropriate procurement method;
- Prepare bidding documents;
- Invite bids and undertake an evaluation of bids; and
- Understand and apply/practice ethics and integrity in procurement.
Introduction to Procurement, Supply Chain and Logistics
- Introduction to procurement, and budgeting
- Objectives of Procurement
- Categories of Procurement
- Principles of Public Procurement
- Good Practices
- Roles and responsibilities of procurement personnel
- Policies, laws, and regulations in procurement
- Procurement management
- Quality assurance and control
Procurement Planning and budgeting
- The Procurement Cycle
- Procurement Planning
- Benefits of procurement planning
- Forecasting and Budgeting Procurement Requirements
- An Annual Procurement Plan
- The budget preparation process
- Procurement Committee actions
- Procurement methods
- National Competitive Bidding
- International Competitive Bidding (ICB)
- Restricted bidding
- Request for quotations (RFQ)
- Single Source/direct contracting
- Force Account
- Methods of Selection and Employment Consultants
- Merit-Point Systems
- Two-envelope bidding
- Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) Method
- Quality-Based Selection (QBS)
- Selection under a Fixed Budget
- Selection Based on Consultants’ Qualifications
- Single-Source Selection
Procurement of goods, works, and services
- Supply market analysis
- Tendering/ Bidding Process
- Supplier evaluation and selection
- Orders and Contracts
- Contract Effectiveness
- Contract supervision and administration
- Contract Performance
- Procurement Reporting
- Procurement Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ethical and integrity issues in procurement
This course has beginners and advanced modules and SDSL will advise individuals appropriately after reviewing their applications.
All graduates of SDS are provided with dedicated coaches to accompany them after completion of the training including receiving recent and relevant journals, research, and benchmarking practices on topical issues in respective disciplines.
To register, please download the application form below and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also click on this link to REGISTER FOR THE TRAINING