n 2015, only ½ of the world’s working-age women were in the labor force, compared to 77% working-age men.
- Women with full-time jobs still earn only about 77% of their male counterparts’ earnings.
- African-American women (in America) earn 64 cents and Latina women earn 56 cents for every dollar earned by a Caucasianman.
- 62 million girls are denied an education all over the world.
- Every year, an estimate of 15 million girls less than 18 years are married off worldwide, with little or no say in the matter.
- 8 out of 10 victims of human trafficking are girls.
- On average, 30% of women who have been in a relationship report that they have experienced some form of intimate physical or sexual violence.
- Female genital mutilation (FGM) affects more than 200 million girls and women alive today in Africa, Asia and the Middle East where the vice is concentrated.
- There are approximately 781 million illiterates in the world. Two-thirds who are women.
- In Saudi Arabia, the unemployment rate for women is 34 percent for women, 7 percent for men.
- Women around the world aged 15-44 are more at risk from rape and domestic violence than from cancer, car accidents, war, and malaria.
- Around the world, only 22 percent of all national parliamentarians are female.
- Women currently hold 24, or 4.8 percent of CEO positions at S&P 500 companies.
- More than 43 million people around the world are forcibly displaced as a result of conflict and persecution. Half of all refugees are women.
- Only 30% of the world’s researchers are women.